Diego Fedora - guitar
Eddie El Minion - drums
El Bajito - Bass
Feature for November 2014
Band Name: Los Pinguinos
Genre: Classic surf, Mexicano, spy, spaghetti western & TV theme
Geographical Area: Maine
Interview with Diego Fedora by email on 10/27/14
1. What is the current line-up of your band?
2. How and when did you get started with your band?
The mythology we propagate is that Eddie and I met in Chuckawalla Valley State
(Penitentiary) in 1978. There we started Los Pinguinos and recorded our first
3. What bands or music have influenced you most?
4. What is the break down of cover vs. original material in your live shows and/or recordings?
We mostly do covers in our shows- a handful of originals.
5. What recording have you done?
6. What kind of gear do you use?
Diego - Black Betty - American Standard Fender Strat, Frank (Franken-Tele)-
Radically modified Fender Squire Telecaster, Fender Mustang Amps
8. How do you get gigs?
9. What are the difficulties you find playing your kind of music in your area?
10. What positive attributes does your band have that sets you apart from other bands (of any genre)?
11. What have you found to be the single most effective promotional tool you’ve used to further your band’s musical path?
Free gigs- and having a really good story. People are really getting into the characters of Diego, Eddie and El Bajito.
12. What’s the most interesting performance experience you’ve had?
13. What do you hope to get out of being a NESMA member?
14. Anything else?